- olive oil
- 2 x large courgettes made into ribbons or juliennes
- 8 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/2 cup of flaked almonds
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (or fresh chilli)
- 200g broccoli florets, halved lengthways and blanched
- In a large frying pan, gently sauté the courgette pasta with a dash of olive oil over low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil in another pan over low heat and add half the anchovies, breaking them up with a spoon until they have melted. Add the almonds and stir until thoroughly coated in oil and slightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Gently saute the garlic in the frying pan with a good drizzle of olive oil. When soft (but not coloured), add the chill flakes and remaining anchovies.
- Finely chop half the broccoli then add it to the anchovy mixture with the remaining broccoli. Season with salt and pepper and stir well. Divide between two plates and then sprinkle with the anchovy/almond crumbs and parmesan.
Quick, easy, delicious and nutritious! What more could you want!
Director / NZ Registered Nutritionist