So to relax you may have guessed it but I love to spend some time in the kitchen. For me this often happens on a lazy Sunday. I try and maximise the most of this time as just like everyone some weeks we are either away or I just don’t have the time. I make some things in large batches such as “muesli” bars, bliss balls and muesli to last us a few weeks of work lunches. Another thing I like to make for snacks are seed crackers. This recipe is super easy with the hardest part waiting for the crackers to cook! And now for the good bit….Raw vegemite! Yes you read that right, here is a homemade raw vegemite recipe and its perfect on my seed crackers with avocado. A nourishing snack perfect for the weekend. So set some time aside one Sunday as this saying is true “PREPARATION IS KEY!”
- 1 1/2 cups of mixed seeds (I normally use a mix of chia, sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, linseed and poppy seeds)
- 1/2 cup almond meal or LSA
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp tamari or coconut aminos or soy sauce
- ~3 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 110C
- Simply place the seeds, almond meal, tahini, and coconut aminos in a bowl and mix well.
- Gently add water to form a thick ‘paste’.
- Pour the mixture onto a flat baking tray lined with baking paper, then use a wet spatula to press it down so its thin and compact.
- Bake for around 1.5 hrs or until crispy.
- 3 Tbsp tahini (you can use black tahini for a more ‘vegemite’ colour!)
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Maca powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Simply mix or process in a small blender until well combined!
Director / NZ Registered Nutritionist