So I thought I had already perfected my Banana Bread recipe however I played around with it last weekend. I had been using the food processor to make my Banana Granola (recipe to come for that one!) so I thought since its already dirty I’ll just use it to quickly mix my banana bread ingredients together. I assumed I was just going to get a quicker version of usual recipe however I was pleasantly surprised at how much closer it was to ‘normal’ banana bread.
- 4 eggs
- 2 large bananas
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coocnut flour
- 2 Tbsp brown rice syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a loaf tin
- Place eggs and banana in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and then mix again until smooth.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for around 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once cooled slightly cut and serve with salted butter, almond butter with raspberry chia jam or a topping of your choice!
Director / NZ Registered Nutritionist