1. Warm water and lemon in the morning. This is a great way to kick start your morning and also your fluid intake. I love the taste of lemon and for me its more about getting in some liquid nice and early in the day. Plus I find the warm water easy to drink first thing in the morning. Plus the lemon aids digestion.
2. Herbal teas. Especially if you are not the biggest fan of plain water. Herbal teas can be a great way to boost your fluid intake. My favourite is peppermint. There are so many favours out there so just find one you love. Anything that is caffeine free will do the trick.
3. Invest in a glass water bottle. Not only is it better for the environment but you can also stay away from BPA’s. You can easily keep track on how much you have drunk and it tastes a lot better than coming out of plastic!
4. Soups! Soup is a great way to use any left over veggies or those veggies that are slightly wilted in the back of your fridge. Make sure they are packed with veggies and not so much on the cream/salt/butter. Not only can you make them a meal but they also make a great warming snack in winter.
5. Vegetable packed meals. Not only can you drink your fluids but its also just as important to eat them!
If you would like help with meal ideas and plans , contact NZ Registered Nutritionist Larissa Beeby for your own nutrition consultation either online, in person or over the phone.
Director / NZ Registered Nutritionist