- 2 x cans of chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 tsp tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 6 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 3½ tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor or blender.
- Add the tahini, crushed garlic, cumin, pepper, salt, lemon juice and seven tablespoons of the reserved liquid from the cans. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs.
- When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, tip it into a serving dish.
If you would like help with meal ideas and plans , contact NZ Registered Nutritionist Larissa Beeby for your own nutrition consultation either online, in person or over the phone.
Director / NZ Registered Nutritionist