- 2 x cans of chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 cubes of frozen IQF spinach (you can most definitely use fresh spinach, especially if its in season, just wash and add two handfuls. I made this at the end of the grocery week so this is all that was left in our house! On a side note, frozen spinach is one of my favourite freezer staples, its cheap all year round and great for smoothies, or adding to curries, stir fries or slow cooker meals)
- 4 tsp tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 6 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 3½ tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor or blender.
- Add the spinach, tahini, crushed garlic, cumin, pepper, salt, lemon juice and seven tablespoons of the reserved liquid from the cans. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs.
- When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, tip it into a serving dish.
If you would like help with meal ideas and plans , contact NZ Registered Nutritionist Larissa Beeby for your own nutrition consultation either online, in person or over the phone.
Director / NZ Registered Nutritionist