- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed very well)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup wholegrain oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 block of 90% Lindt chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the broken up chocolate, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Optional: sprinkle frozen raspberries over the top.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before cutting. If they still look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge overnight and they will magically firm up!
- Makes 8 brownies.
If you would like help with meal ideas and plans , contact NZ Registered Nutritionist Larissa Beeby for your own nutrition consultation either online, in person or over the phone.
Director / NZ Registered Nutritionist