- 1/3 cup of milk of your choice – Almond or cow are my picks!
- 8 medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp lucuma
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar of your choice – I used rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line 1 x baking tray
2. Place all ingredients except the cacao nibs into the food processor and blitz until the mixture is combined and smooth.
3. Take the mixing bowl of the food processor and remove the blade. Then add the cacao nibs and mix with a wooden spoon (why dirty another bowl!).
4. Take a small tablespoon (weird concept I know!, roll into a ball and place onto the prepared baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the mixture and leave around 2cm on the tray between balls. Then wet a fork and flatten with the back of it (theres my Grans trick again!).
5. Bake for 15minutes or until a little golden.
6. Eat a cookie while warm, and if you have any left! Cool and place in an airtight container while they will last a week (if no one finds them!)
If you would like more help on nutrition and meal plans, contact NZ Registered Nutritionist Larissa Beeby for an appointment either online, in person or over the phone.
Director / NZ Registered Nutritionist